Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wonders Never Cease

      Undoubtedly my last transcript was inadequate. My old teacher requested that I provide her with the relevant records so that she could give me all of my credits. She wants me to provide her with the records that it was no less than her job and legal obligation to be keeping up to now since she chose not to send anything to the board of education (who I also feel has failed in their job by not being on top of things like this). The few records I do have were never meant to be the basis for a transcript; that’s not the student’s job. Despite this she has been given what there was to be found on my end.

      As a result, my old teacher sent over a ‘fixed’ copy of my transcript. About the only differences between this and the last one that I noticed was the fact that my name was correct and it looked like she had given me one additional credit. The changes were not satisfactory but it was suggested to me that it be taken to the college anyway so that I could obtain whatever precious few credits there were. That way I could start working and when I could get her to rightfully give me more I would then bring that to the college as well. This way there wouldn’t be too much wasted time.

      Things always get better. Even though the name was now acceptable the transcript still was not. You see a proper transcript is required to have numerical grade values. You might wonder why but this is to help with conversion between the different systems that schools use and more so to keep an accurate record on file. I’m sure you have guessed by now that there were absolutely no numerical values on the paper at all. It was nothing more than the letter “C” across the very few lines on the page. At this juncture the college wanted to see her teaching certificate granted to her by local government and I can’t blame them in the least. You might have also guessed by now that she doesn’t have that either. So now we have to request a copy from the board of education.

      I wasn’t pleased before we went to the college today and I was definitely less pleased by the time we left. All the same by now I was getting hungry so after a few other stops I went to one of the local Taco Bell establishments. As soon as I walked in I could tell something was different and before I could even speak a word the two cashiers were already bickering in jest. When I said what I wanted the man on the right started to input my order and the woman on the left began to reach over to correct the order which was promptly followed by a short lived burst of hand slapping between the two of them reaching for the same computer. The woman on the left said “I’m sorry.” To which I said “I don’t mind.” And then the man on the right said sarcastically “See he doesn’t care.”

      Many snarky comments were flung between the two the entire time which somehow evolved into a tackling match in front of the registers. I could already tell the rest of the employees there weren’t really amused by their antics but I honestly thought it was fun to watch. As the woman went in the back to get my order the man said “Women are crazy, you know what I mean?” I’ve met my share of insane women so I nodded in agreement. After I had my order the woman again apologized by saying “I’m sorry customer.” And I again told her I didn’t mind. As I picked up my order the man said something along the lines of “Women are crazy man, run away!” as I turned for the door he yelled “Run dawg run!”

      I can only imagine for how long they carried on after I left yet I’m glad I stopped there. Because of their shenanigans I wasn’t feeling so bad about all of my transcript issues anymore. Call it perfect timing, coincidence, or what have you but I needed it. Nevertheless I haven’t forgotten and I’m not letting go until I’m satisfied with whatever may come.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.byrdcallstudio.com/Henry-David-Thoreau--close-.jpg

    They didn't even spell it awesome enough so you could claim to be related. Jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I plan to post some pictures soon. Hearing about it is one thing but seeing it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete